#60 (Prod #166270) "Flight to Orion"
Teleplay By:: Stephen & Elinor Karpf (also #59, 61 & 62)
Directed By:: Marc Daniels (also #49, 53, 59 & 62)
First Broadcast: ABC, February 22, 1975 (SATURDAY)
Guest Stars: Lois Nettleton, John Blyth Barrymore (#59, 60, 61 & 62 as Zeke Caine)
Special Guest Star: Leslie Nielsen (#59, 60, 61 & 62)
Regular Cast: David Carradine, Philip Ahn, Keye Luke, Radames Pera
- "'What about the Chinaman?'
'Yeah, that's the danger.'" - on Caine
- "'We're safe.'
'For the moment.'" - Caine
- "You must see through my eyes." - Caine (pointing out food around)
- "Who can say?" - Caine, when asked if they'd ever be back
- "I hope we never have to." - Caine, on fighting alongside his nephew
- "Your son will be as my son." - Caine to Zeke's mother as she dies
- "'Breath for men to draw from as they will. And the more they take of it the more remains.' - Caine
'Is that from the Bible?' - Zeke
'It is The Way.' - Caine
'What do you mean?' - Zeke
'The Way of Life. The teachings that I follow.'" - Caine (the first sentence may relate to Chapter 6 of the TAO TE CHING but I haven't been able to find any translation which speaks of 'breath' (Pilato claims in the KF Book of Wisdom*2* that the full text in the script was, "A breath of life moves through a deathless valley of mysterious motherhood, which conceives and bears the universal seed, seeming of a world never to end. Breath for men to draw from as they will. And the more they take of it the more remains.")*2*p108
- "You will have her always in your heart." - Caine to his nephew whose mother has died
- "I did not come to steal. I left something for what I took." - Caine
- "I could not wait. There was no time." - Caine
- "Is there no way in your laws by which I may seek justice for myself?" - Caine
- "Soon they will come to take me to whatever I must do." - Caine, preparing to face his trial/punishment
- "That is as it will be." - Caine, when it is suggested he will be killed
- "Wherever you are, I will be with you. Wherever I am, you will be with me." - Caine to his nephew when sending him away
- Herein Caine gives away the flute he received as a gift in #55 "Battle Hymn."